Jude’s Threshold

A Tapestry Blog of Art, Astrology, and Politics

Dec 12 2008′s Super Moon and Grand Cross

In Retrospect Update 3.14.11: after finally viewing ‘Inside Job’ about Financial Collapse 2008 last evening and what led up to it, I thought to Google the date of the topic below, the Super Moon of December 12, 2008. What I found is a list of headlines from Democracy Now! which may interest you in tandem with the Mutable Grand Cross which held the Super Moon ensnared in Dec 2008.

For context, it was on October 4, 2008 that G. W. Bush signed a $700 billion bailout bill on behalf of Big Banks. Afterwards, global stock markets continued to fall, the tide of layoffs reached tsunami levels, and foreclosures rippled faster and faster through previously peaceful residential canyons like a furious storm.

As you know, the Moon in a Mundane or Political horoscope signifies The People (the populace; the masses; the public mood; publicity) so with that in mind, please check out the events of December 12, 2008. I hope you weren’t losing your job or your home on that date – or on any other. Jude

My original, unrevised post begins here:

December 12, 2008′s Full Moon is perigee, or at its closest approach to earth, and appears unusually bright and large – a ‘Super Moon.’

As you know, the orbits of heavenly bodies are elliptical thus resulting in times of perigee and apogee.

Here’s a link to a good resource with photos and charts that explain and reveal this Super Moon in more detail:

Astrologically, let’s consider more details on the Grand Cross which the Full Moon is involved in with the Saturn-Uranus opposition.

A Mutable Grand Cross (Gem/Sag; Vir/Pis) consists of two oppositions (180 degr) which square (90 degr) one another. This is a dynamic pattern, yet the unstable, changeable Mutable quality is problematic – there is a karmic lesson which must be resolved.

Sun ’22Sag’ is conjunct and highlighting asteroid, Astraea, whose keywords are: ‘law and justice’ but whose name also relates to the starry firmament, and is often linked to Astrology or astrologers.

Friction, strain, and pressure:

Under this Grand Cross (aka Grand Square) we may find ourselves indecisive and unable to concentrate; over-adaptive adjustments may be made to external situations which are not in our best interests.

Restlessness and mental alertness are heightened which may be useful in creative and communications-related projects. And a sharper social awareness is possible under its Mutable influence.

Since oppositions always indicate partnership-relationship issues, this pattern’s tensions result in uncertainties and worries which can create unreliability in unions.

The ‘karmic lessons’ may be in this area as well as in communications, thinking (Gem) and Philosophy and What One Truly Seeks (Sag.) In natal charts, the  House polarities where the pattern falls shows where lessons are begging to be resolved.

Because of the Mutable energies involved, apprehensions and nervous strains can deplete vitality so Still Your Mind…running in mental circles should be avoided if possible, plus, you may wish to avoid folks who have respiratory infections. It’s also possible to experience the return of a cold or flu that had seemed to be conquered, so bundle up, baby, and try to rest as much as possible!

With concentration and focus in short supply for now, plans tend to be initiated inconsistently and unmethodically, so if you’re planning a new project, it would be wise to postpone its beginning until a more stable and propitious time.

Otherwise and externally, it’s a Full Moon of splendor which culminates something begun at the last New Moon at Thanksgiving in America, and which manifested at ’6Sag’…Sabian Symbol: “A Game of Cricket.”

Today’s Sun Sag-Moon Gem is the Eternal Youth combo of the witty literary genius who’s versatile and restless…this blend has a way with words and is shared natally by:

Akbar the Great of Persia, Anna Freud, Francisco Franco, New Age prophet Benjamin Creme, founder of the Green Party Petra Kelly, playwright Noel Coward, actor Billy Connolly, occult writer Lewis Spence, Edith Piaf, Jeff Bridges, and C.S. Lewis.

Image for Integration: ‘Robin Hood as a young boy plays truant from school to go to his archery lesson, but ends up teaching his card tricks to his master.’ (‘Sun Sign-Moon Sign’ by Charles & Suzi Harvey.)

Well, with concentration diffcult, are you, Lone Reader, playing truant today? Good!

~:~

Grand Cross info primarily from Bil Tierney’s excellent book, ‘Dynamics of Aspect Analysis.’

About these ads

8 Responses

1. Jude:

It looks like free money is on its way!

Zero Interest Rates should help somebody borrow
    from themselves. I guess?

What was the web site you recommend for a 2009 forecast for myself?

I am June 7th, 1964 at 12:57am in Germany… looking more for
    financial / career and the rest should work itself out.

Thanks,

Chuck

chuck

December 17, 2008 at 2:09 am

2. Thanks, Chuck, I’ll keep a bag packed! jc

judecowell

December 16, 2008 at 4:34 pm

3. Well Jude.. if ever make it to a Billion I am coming back for you!

Based on what I have read his so far… I want to exit the market
    1.23.9 for a potential move down into mid february…

Thanks again!

chuck

December 16, 2008 at 7:45 am

4. Hi Chuck and thanks for your kind comments!

Yes, there’s a whole branch of Financial Astrology (which i don’t ‘do’ – I only dabble as it relates to society and politics) but if you’ll find Ray Merriman’s site you’ll get some good info on financial and planetary cycles incl lunations.

Or Google, ‘Financial Astrology’ because there are several practitioners online.

Also, you may wish to check my Pages column in the sidebar for the August 1, 2008 Solar Ecl and August 16 Lunar Eclipse from which the economy still suffers.

As old JP Morgan (an Astrology client and student of the great Evangeline Adams) famously said:

“Millionaires don’t use Astrology, billionaires do.”

There’s a lot more Astrology used by Wall Street gentry than they will ever admit to! jude

judecowell

December 15, 2008 at 4:45 pm

5. Hi Jude Is there any connection between Full Moons and Stock Markets. I found a trading website that mentioned Full Moon for 12.12.08 and after a bunch of surfing found your site. Very interesting to me.
    Charts meaning Stock Market charts have never told me a great deal.
    It’s like driving down the road while looking in the rear view mirror! So I wanted to know if you knew of any connection between this type of analysis. Thanks and I really enjoyed looking at your site!

Chuck

December 15, 2008 at 3:15 am

6. Donna, I hope the paper appreciates you enough to keep you on. Experience costs the bottom line and so means little or nothing. Kind of echoes Bush’s privatizing our government with lightweights and inexperienced hacks, doesn’t it?

Plus, destroying the US press has always been part of the agenda, and Jefferson has rolled over so many times these last several years he’s about to sit up.

As for Emanuel and BHO I suspect the Zionist staff and VP were part of the You Can Be President deal made with the Bilderbergers, but perhaps that’s my own bias yowling through. Or is it?

With Clinton’s first Inaugural, I said to anyone who’d listen that I felt he wanted to ‘do something’ to help The People, but that ‘who in Washington would cooperate with him?’ Of course, I didn’t know then what I wish I didn’t know now.

Now it’s 2008 and I have similar feelings about Obama’s presidency/plans but it’s a quite different set of anxieties about Washington and fascism, two words which should not be separated by a mere “and” but sadly are too close for comfort for this particular dissenting American, this Child of the Revolution.

Many thanks for your very kind words, Donna, and I shall toast You for the New Year and please know you are wished well and in my thoughts! jude

judecowell

December 14, 2008 at 7:09 pm

7. I mean Hang in there – excitement = error.
    dd

donnadavidson

December 14, 2008 at 4:22 pm

8. Thanks for the guidance!

Since the moon was going void of course around 1 p.m. Friday, I went in to work early, when it was quiet, challenged myself to come up with art for the front of the Saturday paper, with the help of an experienced photoshopper, learned another creative masking tool, got told by my boss that he would be asking for art of a new sports center, which didn’t appear, as one might expect as he was tangled up in the power struggles of the day.

My immediate superior graciously told me not to worry about doing my work ahead, which I usually do and which is contrary to his original response to my vacation reminder, and I was ready with a gracious “thank you so much,” knowing that the change in tone had to do with, “how will we do if Donna doesn’t do the front pages in advance of our getting there in the afternoon, so this gent feels the need to change something of what I have done and if it causes an error blame it on another coworker. Since this guy is like a second son to the big boss, I’m figuring the two of them are planning my demise, or job shift – in an effort to get me to quit.

I say this, not because I am being paranoid, but because I have been paying attention to the necessary changes to come. Since I don’t care what I am doing at the paper, as long as I have a job at this point and it doesn’t involve anything illegal, I am OK with the scratchings on the wall.

What I do find annoying is “how stupid do they think I am?”
    Ah so, they have to figure out how to cut one more job from the desk, and mine pays well, and would equal two, after 20+ years, so I plan to settle in, walk a mile or two and celebrate the Winter Solstice in earnest this year during my week’s vacation.

Creativity is my point of survival and whenever I go there all is well for me and the employer. And I can bring my creativity to lots of jobs – knock on wood.

So I will be toasting to a new year with the motto and image of that fun poster of a cat on a wire — “Hang in their!” which is similar to buckle up, or let go, or stay flexible, or whatever.

But it is so much easier when viewing circumstances from a mile above instead of a mile below.

Have a nice Sunday, and oh, by the way, we knew Obama was going to have to distance himself from the Chicago machine, I’m just amazed it didn’t come up during the campaign, and wonder if it is Obama’s way of getting rid of Rahm?

We’ll see. we know Obama doesn’t have the full power of decision he needs or wants, but does he have to have a spy at his elbow?

Your blog is an inspiration.
    I love it.
    DD

donnadavidson

December 14, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Comments are closed.

melbrake

Just another WordPress.com site

Imponderabilia

Digital Public History, Archaeology and Material Culture

Hanging Gardens of Babylon

In resorting to aliens to explain the actions of our ancestors, we sell our ancestors short

Ninth House

Returns & Cyclic Astrology

House of Horrors

A topnotch WordPress.com site

The Calling

The Remembering: There is no need for help to enter Heaven for you have never left.

The War on Poverty at 50

Where are we now, and what are we doing about it?

Cristina Laird's Astrology

A journey into the realm of Gods, Goddesses and the human heart..

Year of Prophecies

conscious eye scans metahorizons

Interesting Literature

A Library of Literary Interestingness

Handmade Days

Life Is What You Make Of It

ellisnelson

children's author

Grandtrines

"I'm not a fatalist, but even if I were, what could I do about it?" - Emo Phillips

Martuk ... the Holy

Gods. Demons. Immortality.

Daring to Live in Love!

The Alternate Economy

Weekend Forecast: Astrology for Your Weekend

Lively Forecasts about Play Time

Celestial Space Astrology Blog

Astrology blog, Spirituality, Self-Discovery For the evolving individual. Insightful, informative, and fun. Consultations and Events with Dipali Desai

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,301 other followers